Are you ready for the summer heat? You may be, but your air conditioner may not be. If it has been a while since you have operated your air conditioner in Utica, NY, you may be in for a surprise this summer. If your AC is on its last legs or in need of a complete overhaul, you will need to decide if repairs are in order or if a replacement of the system is necessary. Keep the following tips in mind when deciding how to handle your air conditioner this summer:
• Age: The age of your air conditioner in Utica, NY can help you determine whether you need repairs or if you should replace the entire unit. It’s recommended that AC systems that are over 15 years of age be replaced with a newer and more efficient model. AC units that are under this age, however, probably still have plenty of life in them and you should be able to get them operational again with a few repairs.
• Energy efficiency: One of the main things to think about when it comes to your air conditioning system is the energy efficiency of the unit. Air conditioners that are energy efficient can save you money on your cooling bill, as they can keep your house cool with minimal effort. Older units and outdated technology can drive your utility bill costs up and should be replaced with newer, more efficient models.
• Repair costs: When the repair costs to fix your air conditioner in Utica, NY are significant, you may want to consider replacing your air conditioner as a more cost-effective option. Repair costs that are more than half the price of a new AC unit indicate that a new cooling system is in order, and a complete replacement should be made. Repairs that are insignificant or have minimal costs associated with them should be undertaken as part of the regular maintenance of your AC system.
• Breakdowns: If your AC system is constantly breaking down and needing repairs, replacing the unit may be the best option for you. This will provide you with a new and more efficient air conditioner that is more reliable and less prone to breaking down. Don’t be concerned about a minimal repair, such as a parts replacement or a broken belt, as this is just a typical aspect of air conditioning ownership and an inexpensive way to keep your AC operating effectively.
• Leaks: Depending on the size and scope of the leak you have in your AC, you may have an expensive repair on your hands. Factor in a service call and the addition of Freon, and your repair bill will start to really add up. When you have a leak in your air conditioner, you may want to invest in a new unit, as a repair could end up costing you more.
When it comes to your air conditioner in Utica, NY, you need to consider all the factors involved in making a decision to repair or replace your cooling system. Contact MJM Plumbing and Heating to have your air conditioner repaired or replaced in time for the summer heat. We can help you with any problem you are having with your AC system so you can remain cool and comfortable this summer.
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Service
This post was written by Writer